Occupational therapy is a form of treatment that helps improve your functional ability. Occupational therapy is part of the municipal health services and is a free service.
Occupational therapists help find solutions when your health keeps you from meeting the demands of your everyday life. An occupational therapist enables you to perform activities that are important in your life.
Your occupational therapist
- Is more concerned with solutions than with problems
- Always starts out by asking what is important to you in life
- Checks and evaluates your functional ability, what you want to do and your surroundings
- Provides and modifies assistive devices and welfare technology
- Adapts the physical environment at home, kindergarten, school and in the workplace
An occupational therapist enables you to live the most active life possible.
The service is part of the municipality’s interdisciplinary habilitation and rehabilitation service offering, both in nursing homes and in the homes of private individuals.
Anyone who has challenges with daily life activities due to a disability.
The municipality will conduct an expert assessment to determine your need for occupational therapy.
Charges/Cost of the service
The service is free.
Brochures, documents, maps, etc.
Possibilities to appeal; procedure
If you feel that you are not receiving the necessary assistance, or are dissatisfied with how the service is rendered, you can submit a complaint to the municipality or directly to the service provider. Explain what you are dissatisfied with and what changes you would like to see.
Tjenesten oppdatert: 12.02.2018 18:21